As part of our long-term strategy of offering our youngest players consistent development opportunities throughout the year, we will be offering supplemental indoor programming for kids born between 2017 (U5) and 2014 (U8).
Click here to register – please be aware spots are limited!
Our winter offering will incorporate the use of Futsals, which are heavier than a normal (outdoor) soccer ball. Futsals create an enhanced learning environment with the ball, and kids love the format! To see what a game of Futsal looks like at the highest levels, watch the video below.
About the Program
All sessions will be co-ed.
Location: Annie Wright Schools (Main Gym)
Dates: 8 Sundays starting January 9, 2022 (January 9,16,23,30, February 6,13,20,27)
- 9-9:50 a.m. (Birth year 2017)
- 10:05-11:05 a.m. (Birth year 20015)
- 1120-1220 p.m. (Birth year 2016)
- 1235-1:35 p.m. (Birth year 2014)
- Birth year 2017 – $85
- Birth years 2016-2014 – $100
What to bring:
- More than enough water, a mask and footwear suitable for indoor soccer (no cleats). Players should also wear shin-guards.
A parent or guardian must be visible to the coach for the entirety of every session, and masks must be worn at all times by all, inside the gym.
As usual, our development goals will be meeting every kid “where they are at” and advancing them “when they are ready.” Below are “tiered” individualized objectives for every player that enrolls in this program.
- Turn around with the ball using both feet.
- Find and move into space.
- Move with the ball under control with both feet (without crashing).
- Chang direction and speed without the ball, and with the ball using both feet.
- Hide and keep the ball away from an opponent. REFRAIN FROM “KICKING” THE BALL 🙂
- Create space with the ball against an opponent that is behind or to the side of you.
- Get behind an opponent with the ball (“dance” with the ball), when the opponent is facing you.
- Try and get the ball back after losing it.
- Create space and get open to receive the ball to help a buddy.
- Receive the ball into the best space.
- See a buddy and share the ball (pass at the best moment, with the best direction and speed).
- Make a triangle with your buddies.
- Run with the ball into the best space.
- Control the ball that is in the air.
We are excited to see the kids have fun and learn this winter within our player development pathway. Lastly, we expect to have our spring recreational season dates finalized within the next couple of weeks. This season usually runs between April and June.
If you have any questions, please contact our director of coaching, Dave O’Neill.