COVID-19 Return To Play
Return to Play Guide
Updated September 17, 2021
NorTac and Sparta Tacoma Return-To-Play
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Pierce County, we are asking everyone to begin implementing the below practices for trainings and games to hopefully avoid having multiple players out when exposures and positive cases occur.
If we follow these guidelines, we should be able to avoid having a player within 6 ft of another player for a prolonged period, which in turn will hopefully decrease our chances of having to cancel games due to team outbreaks and having to quarantine. We want to keep our players on the field just as much as the players want to be there!
- If your player is feeling unwell, please have them stay home. The health and safety of our coaches, staff members, and players are our top priority.
- Coaches will be setting up cones at training and games a minimum of 6ft apart for all backpacks and gear. Players should go to only their cones on breaks.
- Players should refrain from sharing water bottles with teammates.
- Players should use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available.
- Please remind your player not to participate in close contact horseplay with teammates.
- Practice social distancing on the sidelines at games and trainings on both the spectator and player side. Players should be 6ft apart when not in play.
- Coaches and players need to maintain 6ft from each other during team huddles.
- Please remind your player to social distance if you see they are not doing so. At the end of the day, they are just kids and will need continued reminders and guidance.
- We highly encourage proper mask wearing on the sideline and in training for nonvaccinated players who are unable to maintain a distance of at least 6ft apart. Currently, there is not a mandate requiring individuals to wear a mask outdoors, so while it is not mandatory, we want to do everything we can to keep our players and families safe and will therefore recommend mask wearing when distance cannot be maintained. Per the CDC, “For outdoor sports, athletes who are not fully vaccinated should be encouraged to wear face masks on the sidelines and during all group training and competition in which there is sustained contact of 3 feet or less. All athletes who are not fully vaccinated should always wear a face mask between practice drills, on the sidelines, arriving at or departing from the playing facility, in a locker room, while not on the playing field, and during shared transportation to/from an event.”
WA Cup Champs & Finalists
Champions in their Division: Sparta B13 White & Coach Riggins Sparta G12 White & Coach Serra WA Cup Finalists: Sparta G11 White Coaches Kingston…Read More
Peck Sports Feedback
𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐂 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬: Metro Parks Tacoma and Tacoma Public Schools are partnering to plan an upgrade to the Peck Sports Complex making it a…Read More
Join us for NORTAC’s very first Casino Night Fundraiser! NORTAC, in partnership with Raceways Technology, is hosting our first Casino Night Fundraiser! Event date: Saturday,…Read More