Sparta COVID Competitive Play
October 2020 Sparta Return to Competitive Play Updates
When will we have games?
- A county must be in the low or moderate COVID-19 activity level to participate in competitive play. The State's COVID-19 - risk assessment dashboard is the authority for determining the county risk level and ability to play games.
- When data published in the state dashboard shows a county with greater than 75 cases per 100K over 14 days OR greater than 5% positivity (high level), games will be cancelled.
- If either team's county falls into the high level COVID-19 activity category, the game must be cancelled - regardless of the game location.
- These points are a summary of the current requirements. The Governor's office released an FAQ document October 13 with some additional clarification. You can also read the Governor's full requirements released October 6 here.
- We will update parents, coaches and players on the status of games as we learn more.
What will be different about games this season?
- Only one parent per player can watch the match when we are in the moderate risk category
- Players are required to wear masks when not playing
- Teams will sit on opposite sides of the field
While we are extremely excited to return to competitive play, this does not mean we can relax other existing safety protocols. Coaches must still wear masks, and participants should continue to social distance at water breaks, etc. We also understand every family needs to make their own decisions about when to return to play.
- Governor's Professional Sports & Other Sporting Activities COVID-19 Requirements
- COVID-19 - risk assessment dashboard
High level county COVID activity: >75 cases/100K/14 days OR >5% positivity
- Moderate level county COVID activity: >25-75 cases/100K/14 days AND <5% positivity
- Low level county COVID activity: <25 cases/100K/14 days AND <5% positivity
- FAQ document