COVID-19 Exposure Protocol
Team COVID Exposure Protocol
Updates as of September 27, 2022
With the state Department of Health’s updated COVID-19 guidelines released on August 5, 2022, we wanted to take a moment to go over our club policy regarding COVID-19.
If a club member or coach tests positive for COVID-19, they must isolate at home for at least five full days, regardless of vaccination status. They can return to training and games on day 6 if:
- They have no symptoms and are improving AND
- They’ve had no fever in the past 24 hours without fever-reducing medication
Day 0 is the first day of symptoms. For those without symptoms, day 0 is the day of the positive test result. For example: If some either tests positive or begins symptoms on Tuesday, September 27, then Wednesday, September 28 would be their first official day of isolation. They would isolate until Sunday, October 2, and would be able to return to training/games on October 3 as long as the above criteria is met.
If someone chooses to test again on days 6-10 and receives a positive result, they are required to isolate themselves through day ,10 and can return to training and games on day 11.
The Department of Health no longer requires people exposed to COVID-19 to quarantine.
However, people potentially exposed to COVID-19 should:
- Monitor for symptoms, AND
- Test as soon as possible after exposure and then repeat testing every 24-48 hours through at least the first 5 days after exposure AND
- Anyone who spends time indoors with individuals at risk for getting very sick with COVID-19 should wear a well-fitting mask for 10 days after exposure.