North Tacoma Soccer Club
North Tacoma Soccer Club was formed in 1972 as a non-profit organization to bring soccer to kids of all ages, ethnic backgrounds and economic statuses. We serve boys and girls from ages four to nineteen through programs that are geared to the player's age and skill level: NORTAC Programming and Sparta Tacoma.
At an early age, teams and fields are small, allowing a focus on soccer basics and having fun. As players progress, the size of the teams and fields increases, and players can choose from recreational or highly competitive play. The level of coaching also varies based on the program. Volunteers provide a majority of the effort, with help and support from the club.
Sparta Tacoma is a premier-level program where coaches have professional licenses and significant experience. Regardless of the program, the focus is always on the passion for the game and allowing players to grow mentally, physically and socially.
Learn more about our NORTAC Programming and Sparta Tacoma programs.
For those who are new to youth soccer, the organization can be a bit confusing. While most parents and players just want to play, the reality is that there are many things that happen behind the scenes (fields, referees, uniforms, equipment, insurance, clinics, finance, etc.). When everything goes right, these aspects of the game are invisible (as they should be). For those who are curious about the organization of the club, here's a quick overview:
- The NORTAC soccer club has 1,000+ players organized into 90+ teams. There are 18 soccer clubs in Pierce County. NORTAC is governed by an Executive Board that adheres to the club By-Laws and Constitution.
- NORTAC is part of the Pierce County Soccer Association (PCSA). There is 1 soccer association in Pierce County.
- PCSA is part of District III of the Washington State Youth Soccer Association (WSYSA). The state is divided into 7 districts.
- WSYSA is part of national organizations that culminate with the US Soccer Federation, the sponsor for US National teams.
- NORTAC does not own any fields but works with Metro Parks Tacoma, the Tacoma School District and the Boys and Girls Club to obtain fields.
- NORTAC provides its own referees for games played by younger kids. This is a great opportunity for club players to develop leadership skills and earn some money. For games played by older kids, we use the Northwest Soccer Officials (NSO).
Every club in the state has a geographical boundary that dictates where home games are played. Players themselves do not need to live within this boundary. The club's southern boundary is South 19th Street in Tacoma. The north, east and west boundaries are the waters of Puget Sound.
WA Cup Champs & Finalists
Champions in their Division: Sparta B13 White & Coach Riggins Sparta G12 White & Coach Serra WA Cup Finalists: Sparta G11 White Coaches Kingston…Read More
Peck Sports Feedback
𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐂 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬: Metro Parks Tacoma and Tacoma Public Schools are partnering to plan an upgrade to the Peck Sports Complex making it a…Read More
Join us for NORTAC’s very first Casino Night Fundraiser! NORTAC, in partnership with Raceways Technology, is hosting our first Casino Night Fundraiser! Event date: Saturday,…Read More
After 25+ years with NORTAC and Sparta, Tony Crudo is retiring. We would like to thank Tony for all his time and dedication into training…Read More